Friday, July 23, 2010

Campaign for Safe Cosmetics

HOT NEWS THIS WEEK!!!
Finally, there is a trio of legislators actually proposing a bill that would give the FDA power to actually enforce the American cosmetics industry to STOP putting carcinogens and other toxics in the personal care products we use. I was quite please to see Representative Tammy Baldwin, from Wisconsin, to be among those introducing this piece of legislation.
Click here to read the full article.

Friends, I care about you, which is why I URGE you to watch the You Tube video at right. Please consider what you are putting in your bodies, and that of your children. Of course it all affects our planet as well, as we wash the bubbles and suds down the drain.

After watching this you may wonder why these companies are including toxic ingredients in their product...bottom line...it's CHEAP. Which is why safe and pure personal care products cost more money. It takes a whole lot more research to make sure the ingredients are safe, and quality ingredients cost more. You need to make a choice for you and your family.

My family is probably one of the last few in the U.S. that does not own a cell phone. Simply, it is not in our budget. But WE ARE investing in healthy, safe products for our family. I feel good knowing that I am not shampooing my 7 yr old in a carcinogen.  I hope that by changing my personal care products now, that I can reverse the harm already done inside my body. One thing I am fully aware of from watching the video above - using AB's 7-day detox program on my body twice a year is very necessary in the world in which we live.

If you want to put your money into the latest and greatest iPhone, audio system, or high fashion clothing, I say go for it. But I urge you to consider the ramifications of putting products on your skin day after day that promote excess estrogen growth, that contain carcinogens (cancer causing substances) and other known toxins. If budget restricts spending...choose wisely, and I would recommend, for the benefit of your family's health.  Our bodies are a temple to God - please take care of it.
From the site of http://www.safecosmetics.org/
What are all those chemicals in your lipstick? your aftershave? your child's shampoo? Some of them are linked to cancer, birth defects, infertility and other health problems. But right now we have an unprecedented opportunity to clean up our cosmetics - and we need your help!
The Safe Cosmetics Act of 2010, introduced by U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky with Rep. Edward Markey and Rep. Tammy Baldwin, is a huge moment for consumers, parents and environmental health advocates: for the first time in 70 years, we have a real chance to pass national legislation that would eliminate harmful chemicals from the products women, men and children put on their bodies every day.
Now Congress needs to hear from us. Please tell your elected officials this common-sense legislation is important to you!
To send a message to your congressman please visit this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment