Sunday, February 16, 2014

Herbal Tea Sore Throat Remedy

Sore throat? Thought I would share a brew inspired by a combination of  holistic heatlh news, books...ideas from here and there...
I made this a week ago when my 11 year old came down with a sore throat.  Truth? Kids don't like the smell of vinegar. I offered to add more honey, but she told me it would not make the vinegar smell go away.  If this happens to you....don't give up.  What I have noticed is that our daughter is usually resistant at least once to one of my healthy "concoctions", but warms to the idea when she mentally grasps the idea that it can help her feel better sooner vs. later.
Because she rejected my brew...I drank it.  I have to agree, smelling apple cider vinegar in your drink is probably an acquired taste.  I will say that EVERYONE in my household came down with the virus that begins with a sore throat, except for myself.

Brew an 8 oz mug of Arbonne detox tea (which has milk thistle for liver support), ECGC  (potent antioxidant), addtional beneficial herbs, free of trace metals (which can be a challenge to find a pure tea, even organic) - allow the tea to cool.

To the cooled tea add
- 1 T. of Bragg's organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon - freshly squeeze juice
- pinch of Celtic Sea Salt
- pinch of ground turmeric
- organic honey or agave nectar to taste
-3 drops Ultra Collodial Silver (kills bacteria)
and/or 2 drops of Essential oil of Marjoram

This brew will soothe the throat, packs a power anti oxidant punch, and helps to kill bacteria. May need to drink several times at day at early onslaught of a sore throat.

One other tip to stay ahead of the cold and flu season... we drink AB Anti Oxidant Immunity Boosters - daily, once someone in our home gets sick.  This virus that has gone through our home in the last two weeks is actually the first time in two years that I can recall anyone being sick for more than 24 hours. I admit, we did run out of our kids vitamin chews and Vitamin D/B12 spray....just long enough for our immune systems to be compromised and allow the virus to take hold.

I guess it pays to do autoship this time of year on certain immune support supplements, but we are back in the game...  If you have a child approved sore throat remedy that is all natural, herbal based I would love to hear it.

To your health,
Rita S.

No comments:

Post a Comment