Sunday, December 25, 2011

Holiday Indulgences

Merry Christmas all! If you are like me, you may have indulged in sugar laden treats, or simple carbs in the form of crackers, homemade breads, pretzels and such as holiday open houses and parties have been a part of my life these past few weeks. For certain I will need to cleanse my body after this holiday season is past.
Knowing I had over indulged, I was pleasantly surprised last night when I hopped on the balance-style hospital scale at my mother-in-laws home last night. I had fully expected to have put on a number of pounds from the last time I weighed myself (which was this past summer it seems). Happily the scale was the same, perhaps a pound lighter than I recall. It can only mean that I must have lost some more weight, OR my metabolism has been so greatly changed that I can fall off the "health food wagon" and my reprogrammed body continues to burn fat and resist "insulin resistance".
This was truly a great Christmas gift. Not that I am going to take my health for granted. The new year is days a way, and I will certainly be hopping back on the "healthy lifestyle" wagon, not because I have a serious health problem, but because it is my deep desire to not be diagnosed with a serious health issue in my future.
For my sake, and that of my family, in 2012 I will refocus on vital living through healthy eating, and incorporate excercise into the year ahead.
To your health,
Rita S.

No comments:

Post a Comment