Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Traumatic Brain Injury and Breakthrough Research

It's not a drug. It can't be patented. But it is being discovered as a miraculous healing element for post traumatic brain injuries. I was simply going to link this information in my sidebar, but then I realized if someone has a loved one in a coma, and is searching on line for some thread of hope that might be of benefit, or give a glimmer of hope to having quality of life after injury - I need to actually post this information so it can be found.
I have read much, from a variety of sources, about studies showing that bio-identical progesterone hormone can help repair nerve damage as it regenerates the myethin sheath. Dr. John Lee once said if his parents ever had a stroke, he would apply progesterone cream on their face to help restore damage from paralysis.
One day in conversation with Dr. Michael Platt, I theorized that if progesterone can help nerves, might it help one experiencing vertigo. He explained what is happening to the nerves in the back of the neck when vertigo occurs - and he wasn't sure it would help, but it very well could. Although, I don't believe the person whom I shared this with ever talked with her mother about the theory.
I have some permanent nerve damage in the toes of a foot, having atrophied from pinched off sciatic. As much as I would love to see if my Prolief cream can help restore the feelings in those phalanges, by the time I go to bed at night I am too tired to remember to rub my progesterone cream into my toes each night. But I am curious! Maybe one day, when I am retired - I can try this. (LOL)
Researchers continue to study the effects of bio-identical progesterone and its affects on head and brain trauma. You can learn more about these studies and findings right here.
In stark contrast, be very AWARE that the synthetic form of progesterone (root word "progestation" - brings life) - known as progestin, is a dangerous drug company attempt at trying to duplicate that which God has created, and have failed to the demise of many unsuspecting people. Read more about that here. Be sure to follow additional links for more information.
If you have a loved one who has suffered traumatic brain injury, first - know that nothing is impossible with God. He is the Healer of all and mighty in power. Have hope, be in prayer, and gather those around you to pray also. My prayers are with anyone who reads this blog and finds themselves in this situation.

To your health,
Rita S.

No comments:

Post a Comment