Monday, May 21, 2012

Enlarged Thyroid- To Biopsy or Not?

I want to share a testimony from one of my clients this past weekend - it made me so HAPPY to hear it and fires my passion for my health and wellness business even more.
A few months ago a friend had an enlarged thyroid gland, blood count was high - they wanted to do a biopsy, of course. She wanted to hold off and do some research (smart gal) although she was pretty upset and scared about it. She ...asked my thought - and my thoughts turned to the book I have on thyroid and iodine by Dr. David Brownstein: "Iodine, Why You Need It And Why You Can't Live Without It" and "Overcoming Thyroid Disorders". (the latter available on video as well)
Per Brownstein, everyone with a thyroid issue is deficient in iodine. I have seen this affirmed in newsletters by Dr. Russel Blaylock, Jonathon Wright and more. Of course I told my friend, "I'm not a doctor, but if it were me I would increase my transdermal progesterone Prolief cream and take an iodine supplement" - and gave her my book and thyroid video.
Thyroid disorders has reached epidemic proportions in this country. I would propose that 1 in 5 women I meet at a home party/workshop have hypothyroid. Most are on medication. All have gained weight - as a properly functioning thyroid is essential for metabolism. The number of people I meet with this problem is CRAZY!
For many the meds are not working, which in large part has to do with an individuals ability to process the hormone/thyroid drug being given for conversion. Brownstein is an advocate of natural pig thyroid hormone. Armour is popular and it was his first choice for years, but in one of his 2011 newsletters I recall reading that the drug company who makes Armour changed formulations and it does not work as well as it had for a number of people, and he is recommending another. Something to be aware of...  You may find more at his web site
Brownstein also has a book out on the Miracle of Natural Hormones, but thus far the BEST books I have read on hormone balance and bHRT are by Dr. John Lee/Hopkins/Zava - the "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About....(series)" and Dr. Michael Platt's "Miracle of Bio-Identical Hormones" - which is a book that can give hope to anyone with a severe disorder or life threatening depression, obesity, adrenal fatigue, ADD/ADHD, auto immune and more.  You can find these books both at your library and on line at amazon.com
Back to my friend, I don't recall if she consulted the naturopath I recommended. She started putting PROLIEF cream directly on her enlarged thyroid 3x daily, switched to the Celtic sea salt I had bought and shared, and used an iodine supplement as well. In one month the enlarged thyroid returned to normal and new blood tests revealed all was well too. Happy ending. Peace of mind.
It just goes to show that self-educaon is important, as it gives us confidence to not be rushed into an invasive procedure. My greatest concern with a biopsy is that the chances of the needle hitting a cell that might actually have cancer in it, could then cause that cancer to spread, as I am recall from one of Blaylock's newsletters. I actually found a report on a study on this subject - it is a worthy read: The Moss Report.
A glimpse into a paragraph, "A June 2004 report from the John Wayne Cancer Institute in California has rekindled a long-standing debate over whether or not needle biopsies are safe. The paper set out to examine whether this technique, widely used to obtain specimens in cases of suspected cancer, might itself allow malignant cells to spread from an isolated tumor to nearby lymph nodes. The authors reluctantly conclude that a needle biopsy may indeed increase the spread of the disease by 50 percent compared to patients who receive the more traditional excisional biopsies (or "lumpectomies").
Self-educate for your own health and well -being readers! It can make all the difference in quality of life and longevity, if that is something you desire.
 
To your health,
Rita S.

No comments:

Post a Comment