Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Detox Friendly Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing

Simple and kind of sweet.  Who said eating clean has to be torture?  Any bed of tossed greens will be especially delightful with a made from scratch CLEAN vinaigrette dressing.
Using only a few ingredients, all are detox friendly and perfect for the 30 Day Healthy Living Challenge that begins on January 2.

What you'll need:
1/4 c. extra virgin organic olive oil
1/2 c. Bragg's organic apple cider vinegar
1/4 c. frozen or fresh raspberries, pureed
1 T. organic agave nectar (optional)
1/2 t. Herbamare original spice mix, or other organic spice blend free of artificial ingredients/MSG

When we are eating clean for the challenge, vinegars are eliminated, with the exception of Bragg's.  Indeed, a year ago when I detoxed I cut out everything EXCEPT for my balsamic vinegar homemade dressings. I continued to have some issues with bloating and such. I was eating clean, so I  was confused as to why I was having issues.  Then I read the program booklet for the 30 day plan and realized I had not cut vinegar. So I did. and guess what? The difference was immediate.

If you do have issues with vinegar, even Bragg's, substitute with freshly squeezed lemon juice instead.

I hope you will try this delicious homemade dressing. It would also be good as a chicken marinade, I suspect.

To your health!
Rita S.

No comments:

Post a Comment