Thursday, January 30, 2014

Spice Spotlight: Siberian or Panax Ginseng?

Siberian Ginseng is found in my vegan protein shake...and I thought I would check out the benefits of this particular ginseng...and this is what I have learned...

"Eleuthero" (Siberian Ginseng) - is a full scale member of the Ginseng family. This particular ginseng packs with it even more of an energy factor then Panax (but with less of the useful digestive benefits of Panax). However, there are no down sides at all to this spice. The only "side effect" is that your pocket book may weigh a little more than it did after you bought Panax ginseng because Siberian Ginseng is much less expensive.

Mike Adams, the Heatlh Ranger of Natural News writes:  Siberian Ginseng is known all over the world now as one of the best adaptogenic agents ever used by man. There just isn't much else that can deliver so much wonderful raw working energy. It is truly the king of adaptogens. You can read more about Siberian Ginseng and its benefits at this link to Natural News.

Along with a number of anti oxidants and adaptogenic herbs, I am thrilled that my entire family loves our soy free vegan protein - whether it is blended in smoothies with fruit and vegis, or simply mixed with almond milk and/or water for a meal replacement shake with added fiber. Because there are absolutely NO artificial flavors, colors OR sweeteners, I have peace of mind.   It's our gluten free, whey/lactose free, and low glycemic go to when we are in a mad dash to get out the door in the morning.

I hope you have time to make a heatlhy, whole food breakfast for your family every morning, but if not... there is nothing wrong with an "easy button", right?  I know there are no hidden ingredients, or trace metals, that could compromise the long term healthy of my family.

To your health!
Rita S.

No comments:

Post a Comment