Thursday, May 22, 2014

Does Gluten Make You Feel Bloated & Moody

Myself and a number of others started a 30 Day Summer Slimdown this past Sunday. Several have already lost 5 lbs.! I am super proud of them.
Our challenge eliminates the top 7 allergenic foods and does not allow artificial ingredients of any kind.
What are we eating? Well, right now I am having a paleo strawberry rhubarb crumble which I made with coconut palm sugar - which keeps the glycemic level low. YUM!   My lunch started, however, with a plate FILLED with organic spinach, cucumber, red bell pepper, some purple cabbage and sunflower seeds, with an organic grilled chicken breast - all dirzzled with a squirt of lemon and bit of olive oil.  I am FULL! And the best part is I am full of nutrient dense whole foods.
Today I thought I would call out gluten.  You don't have to eliminate 7 allergenic foods at one time...seriously. To lose my first 62 lbs. I actually cut way back on two things - GLUTEN and we stopped buying jugs of pasteurized milk and low-fat yogurt (made to taste good with artificial ingredients).
Do you feel bloated, moody, maybe your brain is in a fog half the time? Do you have chronic pain in the joints? Acne or eczema? High cholesterol?  What if I told you that eliminating gluten for just 28 days could change your life forever? Wouldn't it be worth it?

Yes, you can get tested for gluten allergies, but these tests do not pick up on sensitivities.
Self-diagnosed gluten sensitive - 3 years ago I lost 85 lbs and have kept 80 of it off. I started my own journey cutting back on gluten (even gluten free skin care) - first 50%, 70% and not missing it...to nearly 100%, but once in a while I have  a piece of wedding cake or special occasion cave. If someone asks me how I know I am gluten sensitive - I explain I don't eat it for 28 days. Bring gluten back in and tune in to my body...the nose immediately runs, the knees ache and creak...yep, that is gluten's immediate effect on my system.
I did not exercise to lose the weight, however, I also cut pasteurized dairy milk and we have gone 80/20 with an alkaline -based, anti inflammatory lifestyle.
I am no longer borderline type 2 diabetic, joint pain is gone, no acid reflux - beyond the age of 50 I feel anything BUT over the hill.  I am not on a single med and my doctor said I took 30 years off my age when I dropped that 85 - yes, I feel like a new woman and am thankful for my regained health everyday!
I want people to know you don't need to have Celiac to cut the gluten...if you just want to feel better - CUT the gluten. And seriously look at the over processed dairy and incorporate more and more fresh foods into your new way of eating.
If you are in such poor health that you can't walk, I want to encourage you in adopting a gluten free lifestyle, as it can definitely transform their life. Learn to listen to your body...you have the power to reclaim your health if you make up your mind to do so. And it certainly helps to be in prayer and ask God to help give you the willpower and stick-to-it-ness to stay with the journey.  Getting healthy is one of the most unselfish things you can do for a loved one..I wish you the best, and pray you will be sustained.

May you feel great, look great and live great!
Rita S.

No comments:

Post a Comment